1. Shuffle your Starlight Dragon Deck in the way you are used to, think of or envisage your situation while you shuffle. When you are done, lay out the first three cards from above your deck and read them as a narrative of your situation (see my example further below).
2. Shuffle the remaining deck again, opening yourself to the reply from above, then lay out the three cards on top of your deck like so: Read the cards in relation to your first narrative:
3. Finally, look at the bottom card in your deck and put it out on the last empty space in the middle of your spread. This is your ‘bridge’. It Shows what needs doing in your everyday to direct the energies from above to the solution in the below:
My reading of the example:
1. Much intuitive-creative power has accumulated (Knight of Cups) and seeks expression. But there is a blockade on the level of thought (4 Swords). Perhaps planning is needed or the development of the idea of structure for a text or another type of creative work. But at the moment thoughts are just running in circles. The Dragon from the Ace of Swords encourages you to break through this circle, but at the moment there is not enough strength.
2. The Princess (or Page) of Coins brings the message to make a fresh start. Death (XIII)takes this much wider and insists to see and accept a deep-going transfromation to unlock the flow of creative flow (3 Cups) to nourish the Knight of Cups below.
3. The “bridge” is the 7 of Swords, the card of reorganisation of thought patterns and expectation. The work here, energied by the transforming and renewing powers, expressed in the dragon of Card XIII from above will break open the block and set free the flow of the 3 Cups above and the Dragons below (Knight of Cups = Creativity and Ace of Swords (New thinking)) and make your work succeed.
If you would like a reading with this spread for yourself, you can order it from me:
89 total views, no views today
Our worldwide Tarosophy Tarot Association provides this year a map to light up tarot everywhere, please visit on the 25th May http://www.worldtarotday.com/ for the map and offerings.
Our Specials of the Starlight Dragon Tarot – from May 22nd to 27th ONLY
- The bundle of the innovative and highly unusual Starlight Dragon Deck with the Companion book “Travelling with Starlight Dragons” for – 65 EURO including postage (usual price: 77 EUR)
15 EUR (usual price: 20 EUR) I do your reading within 48 hrs probably faster, on receiving our payment and send the reading (image and interpretation text by e-mail)
261 total views, no views today
I just read Aidan Wachter’s “Six Ways” and it appeals to my shamanic side, which also formed much part of the Starlight Dragon and my deeper work with it. One of Aidan’s exercises as a meditation, in which one assumes to be a tree. This inspired me for this card exercises, Your inner tree and its growth:
For the Tree I selected the Three of Coins, the three of the growth in early summer, while the light hours are still growing. Gazing on the card and breathing evenly in and out I begin to mirror the card inside me and step by step I turn into a tree, I feel my roots growing down into the ground below and my head transforms into the mighty crown on this old tree full of force from the juices it pumps up from below. From my shoulders to my belly, I am aware of the strong branches full of satured leaves swaying in the wind, enjoying the sunlight. When I have fully formed as the tree, I turn again to my roots and the juices the earth provides. I lay out 2 cards to see from what I am nourishing my growth at this time. I get the Tower and the 8 Wands and learn from this, I have to find new ways, a turnabout underground to find new nourishing resources and they assure me fast, directed growth.
I image new lights flickering in my roots and draw up new juices up to my crown.
Then I lay the card for my crown, which shows my aim: I The Magician, new skills, success and I draw two cards sideways on what I have to do to manifest my growth and my success: The Princess (or Page) of Coins on the left and the 7 Coins on my right. The resources need to be adapted/reorganised (the 7) for a new start (the Princess).
As always with these ‘limitless cards’ you can add more cards to get more detailed information.
I close down my exercise by projecting my tree form back onto the 3 of Coins and feeling myself returning into my present person form.
147 total views, no views today
After the fiery start into the astrological new year with Aries and the corresponding Emperor in our tarot cards, we are now under the influence of Taurus and the Hierophant in the tarot.
Taurus is about enjoying life in a sensual and earthy manner, building stability and being reliable. The Hierophant links this to the all-important activities of teaching and learning.
This is what I wrote about our Starlight Dragon card in “Travelling with Starlight Dragons”:
As we enter the temple, the Hierophant, a tall elephantine dragon, is seated under a stained glass window of a white rose. He is holding an enormous key. The pearl of wisdom shines from his third eye.
Welcome to the temple of teaching and learning, welcome to me, its warden, the dragon says in a voice, reverberating like a deep gong within us.
Here is the manifest home of the knowledge and wisdom dragons have imparted to human beings from time immemorial. You have met already the Magician and the High Priestess. Together we are your wise dragon-teachers appearing in the first third of your Fool‘s – journey, while you grow up and learn. Each of us is teaching you in a different way, as you very well recognised already with the Magician and the Priestess.
I am the transmitter and translator of hidden knowledge into openly available teachings. I am the keeper of the traditions and their inner sense. I open the doors to those willing and ready to put themselves to learning, and I guide them along to the treasures, which I guard under my key.
I am the one teaching and counselling Emperors and other seekers alike in all kinds of practical applications of high teachings. I also hold the invisible key to greater mysteries – the path of the rose and the thorn. This path has to be walked with a pure heart and pure intent – hence the rose is white.
Apart from the Five, the number of spiritual endeavour beyond the four earthly elements, you see the Two and the Three making it up. The Two, the number of polarity is expressed in the colours red and blue in the stained glass window. and in the small red rose mirroring the white one, on the bottom of my treasure chest – the rose of love, of passionate dedication to knowledge. The Three is also in the win- dow as well in the bit of the key. This refers to the tripartite world in the oldest cosmologies of the world and the many triplicities in belief systems and symbols. Outside, three steps are visible from each of the two sets of stairs up to the temple, guarded by two dragons.
He comes closer to us.
You see, my dragon form visible to you has features of an elephant. The elephant has esoteric similarities with the bull – and Taurus is my sign: the wisdom and responsibility for the herd, those who are ent- rusted to me. I have a very long memory. I also share properties with the Hindu elephant god Ganesha – a deity of learning and wisdom as well as success.
There is an even deeper lesson in this connection – the one of sacrifice, which we touched upon, when I pointed you to the red rose. One of the legends about Ganesha shows us the importance of being devo- ted to knowledge and learning up to the point, where we are ready and willing to sacrifice our comforts: As Brahma‘s scribe, Ganesha one day missed his pen, when Brahma began to dictate a part of the Mahabharata. To be able to write, Ganesha removed one of his tusks and used it as a pen. This is why he is often depicted with a broken tusk.
We look into his friendly encouraging eyes and feel drawn to him. We intuit his silent plea, that we be open and dedicated to his teaching. But do dragons really care so much? … And then our time today with the Hierophant is over. We know we have to come back here often.
You may also be interested in a video about this card, Nora Huszka and I did a year ago on YouTube.
The long-awaited companion book on the Starlight Dragon Tarotdeck is published.
More about the book here
- On each order of the Starlight Dragon deck throughout the whole of November, we will add one of our talismans as our gift to you! Which dragon taliman will come to you? Allow yourself to be surprised – then have your Starlight Dragon always with you!
Reward yourself or treat you tarot- and/or dragon-friend to thus unique present.
Please, order from our Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/470744978/das-starlight-dragon-tarot?ref=shop_home_feat_2
- Ask the Starlight Dragons any question at this pivotal time of the year:
Steph is I offering the “Flying Dragon” for readings between now and Saturday November 18th, the next New Moon (which happens to be my birthday) at a special celebration price of just 20 EUR!The Flying Dragon shows in his/her body how the elements play for you at this point of time and in relation to your query. The left wing shows what needs leaving behind and the right wing what to welcome and strengthen in your life. You will receive your reading as a pdf-file containing the image of the spread and my text within two days after I receive your order: http://starlight-dragon-press.eu/halloweensamhain-reading-the-starlight-dragon-special/
Review in “A Metaphysician’s Journal” 26th September 2017
Have you ever dreamt of a tarot-online meeting place which lets you experience tarot directly in a world of its own? Did you imagine a tarot world of the highest imaginary level enabled by cutting edge technology to allow our world wide community to meet, to inspire one another, to exchange our work, learn and play in an endless dream which is nevertheless real enough?
Today you will see it for the first time, when my teachers, colleagues and friends Tali Goodwin and Marcus Katz, well-known tarot teachers and bestselling authors, always good for a surprise In tarot innovation, launch their Kickstarter campaign for Arkartia and the Tarotwayfarer.
Pay a visit now!
Enjoy the graphical wonders in which leading tarot designer Ciro Marchetti brings to life various locations and subworlds of Arkartia. Open yourself to their attractions and their charms, soon you will feel at home and wish you could stay already.
Arkartia will have it all – from card readings, games, study material and discussion,meeting places and deep tarot experiences, such as our Gated Spreads each now set in its inspiring scenery.
Through the Tarotwayfarer App and its Augmented Reality capability this amazing tarot world comes even together with our everyday world.
Like a living organism, Arkartia remains open to social media and especially future developments – ready to accommodate ever more tarot wayfarers, their great ideas, contents and offerings, new experiences and vistas, It grows with the community and our enthusiasm. It will be our world!
The project is supported by the major tarot publishers.
I am pledging for this remarkable, unique, promising project right now. Please, follow me to Arkartia to see its wonders and pledge as well:
891 total views, 1 views today